Hungerford Camera Club Constitution
HUNGERFORD CAMERA CLUB
1. Name: The Club shall be called ‘The Hungerford Camera Club’
2. Objectives: The objectives of the Club are the furtherance of Photographic Art and Technique by exchanging friendly ideas and mutual assistance among members as well as organising and holding lectures, demonstrations, exhibitions, etc.
3. Membership: Any person interested in or practising photography who agrees actively to support the Club’s objectives may apply to the Hon. Secretary for membership. Membership is subject to election at an ordinary meeting of the Club and to the approval of the committee.
4. Subscriptions: Entrance Fees and subscriptions shall be such amounts as are from time to time determined by the Annual General Meeting, or by a Special General Meeting. Membership of the club shall cease if subscriptions are not paid at the Annual General meeting of that year. No person shall take part in a Club competition or enter for Club exhibitions unless his or her subscription is paid up to date. The annual subscription of a Life Vice president is waived in due consideration of their services to Hungerford Camera Club.
5. Organisation: The Officers of the Club shall consist of President, Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Hon. Secretary, Treasurer, and such Assistant Officers as may from time to time be decided, all shall be elected each year at the Annual General Meeting. Vice-Presidents for life may be elected by the Committee.
6. Management: The affairs of the Club shall be managed by a Committee consisting of the officers above and up to three elected members. Five persons constitute a quorum.
7. Annual General Meeting: The A.G.M. of the Club shall be held during the month of April each year. The Business shall include : Minutes of the previous A.G.M., Annual report of the Committee, Audited Statements of Accounts and Balance Sheet, Election of President, Chairperson and Officers. Election of Committee members and Appointment of Auditor.
8. Special General Meeting: An S.G.M. can be called at any time by the Committee or upon the receipt of a requisition signed by not less than one quarter of the members. Twenty One days notice must be given to all members of any Annual or Special Meeting, with particulars of all business to be transacted. No business other than that appearing on the notice of such a meeting shall be transacted thereat.
9. Constitution: A copy of the Constitution shall be supplied to every member of the Club. No alteration to these rules shall be made except at an Annual or Special General Meeting.
10. Propositions: All nominations and propositions for Annual and Special General Meetings shall not be accepted unless given to the Hon. Secretary fourteen days before the date of the meeting, signed by two members of the Club as proposer and seconder.
11. Emergencies: In the event of anything occurring not provided for or not clear in the foregoing rules, the Committee shall have power to deal with the same at their discretion.
12. Dissolution: The Club may be dissolved only by the consent of three-fourths of the members present at a Special General Meeting called for that purpose. Such a meeting shall appoint a Liquidator and decide on the disposal of all Club funds and assets. After discharging all debts and liabilities of the Hungerford Camera Club, the remaining assets are to be given or transferred to a voluntary organisation having similar objectives to those of the club.
Notes on Rules
Rule 3: If an Elected member proves to be undesirable or detrimental to the Club, he or she can have a private warning from the Chairman or Hon. Secretary. And If this is not corrective, he or she can be dealt with by the Committee under the last sentence of Rule 3, with the minimum publicity. If necessary, the Treasurer can be instructed not to accept that person’s future subscriptions.
Rules 4,5 & 6: The Officers should lead the Club and the Committee, and control its weekly activities, but the whole membership must feel involved so that all major decisions should be made by the members together at the Annual General Meeting.
Rule 7: The Committee should ensure that suitable nominations for Chairman and Officers are included in the notice for the Annual General Meeting. It must be possible for any member to make additional nominations or proposals fourteen days before the meeting. Fourteen days gives the Committee time to meet to discuss any proposal and decide their attitude before the meeting. It also prevents any important or controversial matters being brought up at the last minute to be voted without proper consideration by perhaps a small attendance at the Annual General Meeting
RULES FOR ALL CLUB COMPETITIONS
All new Competitions must be accompanied with their own set of rules drawn up by the person proposing the competition. A copy of these rules is to be given to each Club Member once the Competition date is set.