The Club runs several competitions throughout the year. Each competition has its own set of rules, but the following are common unless specifically stated:
- Only fully paid up members are eligible to enter club competitions.
- All photographs must have been taken by the Member.
- Copyright of all images making up an entry must rest with the Member.
- Composite images are allowed unless otherwise stated, but all components must be taken by the member. Clip art and stock images are not allowed.
- Unless otherwise stated, colour or black and white images are acceptable.
- Once an image has been used in competition it may not be used in the same competition in following years.
- If a print competition requires entries must be mounted it is subject to a maximum mount size of 50 x 40 cm. The image size and placement within the mount is at the author’s discretion.
- Projected Digital Images (PDI) must be in JPEG sRGB format, sized to fit a 1600 x 1200 display. If you require assistance resizing an image, please ask or look at the PDI Preparation page.
- If a competition results in a tie, the Member with the most maximum scores (usually 10) is declared the winner. If this does not produce a single winner, the competition is declared a tie.
- It is the responsibility of the Camera Club member to make themselves aware of the rules of each specific competition. The Committee will endeavour to remind and review the rules prior to each competition.
- The HCC Committee reserves the right to reject without question any entry to a competition deemed unsuitable.
- Please do not hesitate to contact the Competition Secretary or a member of the Committee if further clarification is required on the General Competition Rules or the individual rules of any of the other competitions.